Though we haven’t yet transitioned to our next Life with ph360 guest blogger, Team ph360 thought we’d bring to you a powerhouse guide for getting motivated this week. Especially as the weather cools down and we’re drawn to spend more time inwards eating comfort foods cozied up on our couches, it can be difficult to stay motivated to follow our health and wellness regimens.
Here are 5 tips to keep even the laziest motivated!
- Find an accountability partner. Studies show that people trying to lose weight do much better if they are accountable to another person. Find an accountability buddy, and have regular check-ins with them to see how you both are doing. Maybe even schedule a workout or two together, or have your check-ins over a healthy meal.
- Put your workout on your calendar. Once you start treating your health priorities as equally important to the coffee dates and work meetings you put on your calendar, it’ll be much harder to cross them off the to-do list. Schedule in everything from your morning jog to your afternoon dose of vitamins, and you’ll be amazed at how easy it becomes to take care of yourself.
- Give yourself healthy rewards. Everyone needs rewards. Giving yourself a reward for taking care of your body will transform your attitude towards the “work” part of working out. Just make sure that your rewards are healthy treats—a massage, a movie night, or that new pair of jeans you’ve been eyeing. Once your body knows it will be rewarded for its efforts, your brain won’t fight quite as hard to dissuade you from your daily exercise.
- Make it fun! Find ways to keep the activities you dread most, whether cooking a healthy meal or working out, at least a little bit fun. Listen to music you love, ask a friend to join you, or switch up the scenery. You don’t need to suffer to make progress!
- Take downtime. Let yourself have a day off whenever you’re feeling unusually stressed about reaching your goals. Sometimes giving yourself the “lazy” moment you need might just be the battery recharge you’ve been waiting for to get you back on your feet.
Of course, ph360 will work with you every step of the way to track your progress, keep you informed about the best health and lifestyle choices, and jumpstart your motivation. Explore your ph360.me today and you might just find yourself leaping up off your couch and into the nearest gym.
Also in Health
Ever notice that professional athletes’ bodies are specifically matched to their needs? It’s no coincidence that basketball players are tall, gymnasts are petite, and football players are broad. In the same way, your body is…