As the seasons change and daylight savings shifts the amount of light you’re getting each day, your body may be in need of a tune up to get back in the groove. Light, temperature, and lifestyle can all dramatically affect the way our bodies process hormones, which means that a small difference on the outside could set us up for a big shift internally. New hormone levels bring changes in mood, metabolism, and mentality. And these fluctuations may influence feelings of self worth, body image, and how sexy you feel on a daily basis.
The way to get back on track is to recognize that these changes are bound to occur as your environment shifts—and to have a set of tools you can draw from in order to manage them successfully. Here are our top 5 ways to keep the mojo flowing year round, no matter what’s going on out there.
- Eat for the season. As the seasons change and the temperature shifts outside, your body needs different foods to metabolize and function properly. Most notably, during the cooler autumn and winter months your body will need warmer foods to maintain balance. In the summer, cooler foods will be necessary.Eating the foods that keep you nourished and your metabolism active will naturally and easefully boost your confidence. It will also help you feel grounded in your body and conscientious of your body’s needs.
- Drink H20. No matter what time of year, your body needs water to function. Water helps keep digestion moving smoothly and supports all physiological processes to run efficiently. If you’re dehydrated, you may feel fatigue, brain fog, lack of energy, and decreased libido.Take a reusable bottle of water with you to work and refill it as you drink throughout the day.
- Adjust your sleep schedule. As it starts getting dark earlier in the day, you may find that it’s helpful to readjust your sleep schedule to go to sleep earlier as well. You’ll have more waking hours of sunlight by rising earlier, and your hormones may have an easier time coming into balance.A fully rested you is much more likely to have a confident sense of self and an ease in your body. A rested mind will serve you in everything you do, from your relationships to your work.
- Move your body. It can easy to feel disconnected from your body, which is why even a brief daily workout or movement sesh can transform how you’re feeling. Remember that every body needs a different kind of exercise—no need to force yourself to take the trendiest exercise class in order to see the results you want.When scheduling gets tough, take a brisk walk during your lunch break or do squats while on a conference call. Get creative, and reap the benefits of daily movement.
- Do something special every day. If you’re not feeling your sexy best, make a point to do something special for yourself every day. Even taking a small moment to appreciate something about yourself, buy yourself flowers, or take a walk somewhere peaceful can completely shift your perspective.
Discover your personalized guide to balancing your body and getting your sexy back on ph360.me!
Also in Health
Ever notice that professional athletes’ bodies are specifically matched to their needs? It’s no coincidence that basketball players are tall, gymnasts are petite, and football players are broad. In the same way, your body is…